Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Recipe Contest

I've entered this wonderful white chicken chili recipe. The contest ends Feb 1st 2008 so act now to get your favorite recipe in. I don't think you can top mine...but you can try! Click on the link below for more details.


http://jenniskitchen.com/2008/01/02/a-recipe-contest-giveaway/

White Chicken Chili

This is so YUMMY!

2 large jars of Great Northern beans
3 cups chicken broth
2 garlic cloves
2 medium onions
4 cups cubed chicken (approx. 4 chicken breasts)
2 - 4 oz cans green chilis
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp cayenne red pepper
Grated cheddar or monteray jack cheese
Salsa & sour cream if desired

In one tsp of oil, saute garlic and onion until sauced. Add beans & broth to mixture. Shred chicken (or cube) and add to mixture. Add chilies and spices. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for 30-40 minutes. Great to make a day ahead. Serve with cheeses and sour cream for topping.

I use dry beans and guess about how many to cook. If I remember correctly I used a pound of dry beans. I also omit the cloves.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Yours sounds really close to mine. Maybe I should enter mine and see if they are the same.