Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Six Random Things

Okay, for the record, I don’t usually do these things…but, I’ve been tagged by a good friend. So here I go :)

This is called the Random Things Meme…and here’s how it goes:

Rules of Engagement:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.

2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6).

3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).

4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.

5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.

6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here are 6 random things about Nicole

1) When I was 11 I had emergency surgery to have my appendix removed.

2) I can't stand Seuarkraut. In fact that is what I ate the night I started having stomach pains...the next day I had the above surgery. My poor friends mom had to clean up my vomit. She drove me home and we were in the driveway when I realized I was going to hurl but I couldn't figure out where the door handle was.

3) When I was 20 years old my car broke down in the middle of nowhere at 1:00 in the morning. It was pouring down rain outside and cold of course so I just leaned my seat back and went to sleep. I figured I'd deal with the situation in the morning. I woke up to a knock on my window and a mans face. I said a quick prayer as to whether or not I should speak to him. Okay...no red flags...I trust you Holy Spirit. I rolled down my window and told him what had happened. He offered to take me home. Again I said another quick prayer. After I got in his truck and saw a brown paper bag in the shape of a bottle I questioned my decision. But I made it home in one piece without becoming a victim. Thank you Lord!

4) Which brings me to my 4th random thing. My car! I'll never forget it. I would be driving down the road and go over a bump and oops my trunk popped open. Or that nasty exhaust leak...I always smelled like exhaust. Or my locks breaking so you couldn't lock the door. But one time I was out with a good friend Adele and she must have forgot (or maybe I forgot to tell her)...wait a minute I have to back up. Adele and I were going out to lunch at the Olive Garden. She also wanted to get a few things at a craft store not to far away. My memory is a little shaky on the details but it seems to me I was waiting for her at the Olive Garden while she took my car to the craft store. After what seemed like forever...no wait I think I had a cell phone than and she called me and asked me what the trick to opening my door was. I walked (in the cold) to the craft store; had to move the very heavy bag of pellets my dad had put in the car to give me better traction on the icy roads, crawl into my trunk, kick the backseat out to get inside the car. What a car! There is more but this random thought has already become quite lengthy.

5) I had my first baby in a birthing tub at home. I love being pregnant and giving birth. I actually look forward to my next birth. And no I'm not pregnant...just hoping that God will bless me with another someday.

6)I sucked my middle three fingers as a baby/toddler until the day I fell (I think on a picnic table) and bit my tongue quite severely. I couldn't suck all three anymore because it hurt to bad. I have a nasty scare to this day on my tongue.

Wow that was kind of fun. This is the first time I've ever participated in something like this. I'll be hard pressed to find 6 people that have blogs to tag though.

I'll tag:

Alecia because I haven't seen you since we went to lunch at the olive garden what four years ago and would love to get together again someday.

Rose We have way to much fun when we're together...or at least we did...let's try it again!

Lanaya We need to get together at least once more to scrapbook before school start.

Sarah I could use 6 more random thing to get to know my sister-in-law better.


Jennifer
I'm so sad I didn't get to go to Spokane this summer. I miss you and need to hold you baby before she's not a baby anymore.

Karren Sorry to drag you into this. I just don't know very many people that have blogs that actually blog on a regular basis. Besides I like you!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Nicole, I'm so impressed! By the way, in Karen's defense, she is the one who started this and I kind of doubt that she will do it again ;) Those were fun memories Nic. Love ya! Do you think Adele will do it? :)

The adventure continues... said...

I wouldn't hold my breath!

Alecia said...

Done! That was fun!

caleb and sarah turner said...

Ok so I did the tag thing, i dunno if i did it correctly, but I sure tried! Thanks for thinking of me. I think I knew a few of those facts about you, but it was fun learning others. My love to the kiddies, hope your enjoying your time away at the Stol house!