Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Josiah's Birth Story

On May 13th we officially closed on our house after a two year attempt to buy. We moved in the very same day. We moved our bed and a few items of clothing and some food. The very next day we set to work. We tore our walls. We ripped up the floor. We ran wire for new lighting. We mudded holes. We painted everything (all but two closets, one bathroom and the pantry/utility room). We installed a tankless water heater. We put in kitchen cabinets. We put laminate down (twice - because of a flood from the dishwasher that destroyed half the floor the day after we installed it) And many little various projects. We did it all ourselves with the exception on installing the carpet and the counter tops. We finished the last of the rehab on July 4th 2011. Now to move our stuff and get settled before our baby is born. My due date it July 22nd. We've got plenty of time right?...WRONG!!!! July 5th at 7 AM my water broke. I was not in labor. Ann came to start my antibiotics because I was group strep B positive. I had to have a dose every four hours until baby was born. I ended up having to have 4 doses total. When she checked me I was a 3. I took some homeopathic stuff to help get my labor going. A couple hours I was still a 3. She was able to stretch me from a 3 to a 7. A couple of hours I was still at a 7. I did have a few contractions but still a 7. I went for a walk...I had several good contractions...Nothing that kept me from walking and talking...ahh now I'm a 9 maybe 9 and 1/2. I tried to push the baby out but wasn't able to. So up and down the stairs I went. Up and down, up and down, up and down...In the birth tub I go. Contractions started picking up now. And they were the pushing kind! 30 minutes later (about 10 contractions) I held my sweet baby in my arms. Morgan checked to see if we had and boy or a girl. Praise the Lord we Isaac has a brother! Morgan got to cut the cord. And Isaac (who had gone to bed an hour before) found his baby brother wrapped in his special blanket the next morning. He gave it to Josiah.

No comments: