Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sick Kids

The girls have had a cold for a week or so. Haley is pretty much over it but Elizabeth and Morgan got an ear infection. Elizabeth is so miserable. Her ear started bleeding yesturday. I took her to the doc and they said it all looks normal. This is my first experience with an ear infection so I just wanted to make sure all was normal. Even though I read it is common to have blood drain from the ear when there is an ear infection it is still a little on the freaky side...especially when your daughter is whinning and crying almost non stop. That's a little taxing. Poor thing. Of course they gave her a perscription for an antibiotic but from what I've read it's not even proven to help. So unless the drainage turns green and smelly we'll let her body do what God created it to do.

Thank you Jesus for protecting Isaac thru all the snotty noses. He has not gotten sick!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Poor baby :( Hey Nic, I would get some mullen garlic oil for that ear and it will clear it up pretty quickly, and it will help to give her some relief. We've had our share of ear infections, I think you do 2-3 drops three times a day. Hope she gets better soon. We've never had the blood in the ear but I have heard that can happen, poor baby!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nic,
I would highly recommend that you use the antibiotic. My brother had an ear infection as a child that didn't get healed and his ear drum burst!!! You KNOW that I'm all for letting the kids (David and Mandy, and now Em) heal w/as little meds as possible...however, I would make very sure that the doc has told you that the swelling has gone down. Get a stronger antibiotic if needed. My bro can't deep sea dive b/c it would kill him. It's far better to be on the safe side on this as Elizabeth has to live w/the outcome for the rest of her life. You know I want the best. Don't be stubborn....call the doc tomorrow and get his opinion...refresh his memory. love,
s