More blood draws!
Last week I had to take Josiah to another lab because the first lab ran the wrong test. The second lab I went to wasn't able to get a draw. The third lab...I told the gal that Josiah was a very hard poke and if she wasn't confident that she could do it please don't try. She was not so we called for IV therapy to come do a scalp draw. They said it could be an hour before they got there which would be to late because it's a timed draw (4 hours after his shot). Praise God that another lady came it to look at Josiah. She shut all the light out and brought our a little red light to put under his hands to get a better look at his veins. She was able to get his blood. He gave her just the right amount before he stopped bleeding. He was able to sleep through part of it to. That makes it so much easier for me.
Unfortunately his level came back below "therapeutic" which is what it needs to be. Now I have to increase his shot dosage to .07 in the am and .06 (the same) in the pm. So back to Mary Bridge to get his blood drawn again today. Then we will head off to the Cardiologist to take a look at his heart.
Every appointment I have I take one of the other children with me. This gives them a chance to feel included in Josiah's care and it also gives them some special one on one (almost) time with mommy. Today is Isaac's turn.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment