Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day of Discharge

4-26-15
Day of discharge

I slept in the camper last night.  Daddy slept in Haley's room.  I got there about 7 am.  Haley was sleeping sounding.  Daddy headed out to the camper to get some sleep.  (It's very challenging to get sleep in the hospital for multiple reasons.)

At rounds this morning the dr agreed to take her off of ativan.  That is the drug that makes her feel groggy and weird.  She doesn't like it.  So hopefully in a couple of hours that will be out of her system so she doesn't feel that way anymore.  She had a drug scheduled at 3 today.  The purpose of it is to help her body replenish the white blood cells that have dropped from the chemo.  Since she will be at clinic tomorrow the dr said she could just get it there so it doesn't hold us up from discharging today.  I really want to go home today.  I'm missing my other children...and they are missing their mama.  Grandma mentioned Hannah missing me and Josiah (age 3) said, "miss mom and dad too".  Sweet boy!  Currently at 11:30 she is free to go.  We are just waiting for her to wake up. 

Haley has a clinic apt tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday and next week she'll have it Monday and Wednesday.  We are currently on the Ronald McDonald House waiting list.  I've yet to figure out a good plan of how to make the move.

Haley slept and slept and slept.  We didn't end up leaving until after 3.  Haley was to sleepy.  She probably would have chosen to sleep but they needed the room.  We were going to stay in Seattle with Haley since she had a clinic appointment tomorrow.  But I couldn't stand the thought of being away from my other children any longer.  The older ones would have been alright but the littlest really wanted their mom and day.  This time away hit Hannah the hardest I think.  She cried...no...it was more like sobbed as Hans and I held and cuddled her on the couch.  She did that for quite a long while.  I've never seen her like that before.  I was so glad to be home.  Especially good to sleep in my own bed!  

Haley was far from her normal perky, happy self.  She came in the house and laid down.  Not wanting any interaction from siblings and not even answering my questions with words, but head nods.  It's so hard to see her like this.  Morgan slept on the couch to be her "nurse" if she needed anything in the middle of the night.  Haley's been sleeping in the living room since we found out about the tumor.  It's took challenging for her to climb the stairs and certainly climbing up to the top of the triple bunk bed.  Although, the nurse said she can walk again, Haley is not interested in doing so.  She is afraid that it will make her leg hurt again.   She was having a lot of pain before she stopped using it.  Her pain in minimal now and she doesn't want it to get bad again.  So she continues to use the wheel chair exclusively. 

No comments: